E-mailing is a direct marketing strategy. It involves sending e-mail to several recipients in a database. The sending is done in a simultaneous way. E-mailing meets different objectives. It is an excellent way to :
- convert prospects,
- build strong customer relationships and loyalty,
- promote services or products,
- to reinforce the notoriety of a company.
Depending on the objectives set, there are two main types of e-mailing:
- prospecting e-mailing which allows you to create an e-mail database. This data is intended to be used for specific commercial purposes,
- the loyalty e-mailing which allows to inform and stimulate the customers. The messages sent make customers feel special because they are 100% personalized. Every message is different.
For an effective e-mail campaign, it is important that companies take the time to :
- set SMART goals,
- precisely define your targets and create personas,
- set up a calendar indicating precisely how often messages will be sent,
- Monitor and analyze the results of each campaign.